Duration – 0.5 days
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the dangers of working in the industry.
- Have a basic understanding of the requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations
- Gain an overview of Health and Safety Requirements
- Properties of Asbestos
- Identify risks involved and how to avoid them
- Discuss the control measures and emergency procedures
- Types of Asbestos and its uses
- The health risks and related diseases
- PPE and RPE
On successful completion of the course a UKATA Certificate is issued which is valid for 1 year.