Course ContentIt is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular harness/fall arrest to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify majot components of the harness/fall arrest and explain their functions.
- Conduct all safety checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Select suitable type of harness/fall arrest relative to the work being undertaken.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for use harness/fall arrest and demonstrate correct use.
- Correctly fit and remove the safety harness/fall arrest.
- Carry out end of work inspections.
- Environmental considerations.
- Storage of harness/fall arrest.
On sucessful completion of the course a NPORS Card will be issued which is valid for 3 years.