S001 Site Safety Awareness Course Content
The course aims to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and the responsibilities of the Employer, Employee and Self-Employed
- Have a basic understanding of Emergency Procedures -First Aid and Fire, Health Risks and Welfare, Work at Height & P.P.E
- Have a basic understanding of hazardous substances and environmental waste protection and control, manual handling, electrical safety, hand tools and equipment
- Have a basic understanding of the effects that noise, vibration and site transport have on individuals and the environment
- Have a basic understanding of Excavations, Inspections and transport safety
S001 Site Safety Awareness Course Aims
This course is designed for site workers to help understand the potential hazards faced when working on a construction or civil engineering site.
The course provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
This course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce and is a mandatory requirement for those wanting a CSCS Operatives Card.
S001 Site Safety Awareness Course Requirement
S001 Site Safety Awareness Examination Board
S001 Site Safety Awareness Assessment
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course, as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.