Duration – 1 day
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook and be familiar with other sources of information available including relevant legislation.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for cutting or grinding machine.
- Select suitable type of abrasive wheel and machine relative to the work being undertaken.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area and set up safety zone.
- Prepare the machine for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Storage and transport of abrasive wheel machine.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
Novice – 6 delegates, 1 machine, 1 days
The NPORS N301 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in safely operating an Abrasive Wheel in order to to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.
There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
Established in 1992, the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is now one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers
To achieve the NPORS Operators Card candidates must pass both the NPORS Theory and Practical Test.
Refresher / Re-qualification Information
Once you have achieved your NPORS Operator Card it lasts for 3 years.