This New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Supervisors course teaches the skills supervisors need to carry out work to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 – the legal framework for street works.
It is for new roads and street work supervisors who:
- locate underground apparatus
- monitor the set up of equipment for works in the highway
- monitor the excavation, backfill and reinstatement
New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Supervisors Course Aim
The NRSWA training course aims to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform Supervisor duties to the standards prescribed by HAUC (UK) and the awarding bodies in-line with the NRSW Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
You will become competent in the supervision of manual excavation and reinstatement on the highway, including:
- Location and avoidance of underground services
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding; co-ordination procedures and code of practice
- Monitoring excavation in the highway; specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base and road-base materials
- Monitoring laying practices and reinstatement of bituminous materials; specification and types of materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete highways.
By the end of the New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Supervisors course, delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the current NRSW Act
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities
- Monitor duties performed by Operatives for each unit and/or qualification in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others