This New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Operatives course teaches the skills you need to carry out work to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 – the legal framework for street works.
It is for new roads and street work operatives who:
- locate underground apparatus
- set up equipment for works in the highway
- carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement
New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Operatives Course Aim
This New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Operatives training course provides delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties to the standards prescribed by HAUC (UK) and the awarding bodies in-line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding units
- Excavation in the road/highway
- Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of hot and cold-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
By the end of the New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Operatives training course, delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act.
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
- Perform duties of each unit and/or qualification in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.