Duration – 2 days
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a competent person carrying out inspections of lifting equipment, accessories and attachments.
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical date and conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment, accessories and attachements. Examine their basic construction, explain their uses, applications and functions.
- Be able to interpret and extract information from all relevant documentation.
- Explain and demonstrate a comprehensive thorough inspection.
- Identify and demonstrate how to compelte a thorough examination inspection report.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all storage and securing procedures.
Novice – 8 delegates, 1 machine, 2 days
The NPORS N019 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in safely operating an Abrasive Wheel in order to to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.
There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing.
They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
Established in 1992, the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is now one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers
To achieve the NPORS Operators Card candidates must pass both the NPORS Theory and Practical Test.
Refresher / Re-qualification Information
Once you have achieved your NPORS Operator Card it lasts for 3 years.