Duration – 1 day
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to: the importance of preventing cross-infection; the need for recording incidents and actions; and the use of available equipment;
assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely,
- Promptly and effectively in an emergency;
administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is intended to train participants to take responsibility for first aid in their workplace according to the level required by their organisation’s first aid risk assessment.
This is a one day course.