|Total Construction Training offers a one day assessment at our Centre for experienced candidates in order to quickly gain your competent workers card. Or the NVQ can be delivered by the traditional OSA Route at your site.
|Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a rear – tipping articulated – chassis dump truck will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Maneuver in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
|All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
|The NVQ is accredited by CSkills Awards.