A43 Screener Training Course Aims
The CPCS A43 Screener Training Course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Screener in order to to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
A43 Screener Training Course Content
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the screener will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and set for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for screening duties to produce aggregate to specified sizes.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Screen differing types of materials into graded sizes.
- Sort materials into graded sizes.
- Control and maintain the work flow rate.
- Use appropriate communication procedures before and during work.
- Explain procedures for blockages and foreign object removal.
- Clean down the machine and working area.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading, unloading and machine disassembly procedures for machine transporting.
A43 Screener Training Course Requirement
All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
The CPCS Theory test is recorded digitally by the tester to ensure adherence with CPCS Standards. The CPCS Practical test may be recorded using a Video recorder if the CPCS request it.
A43 Screener Training Course Examination Board
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) is recognised by the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) and Major Home Builders Group (MHBG) as the preferred card to comply with codes of practice for competence and certification. It was launched in 2003 to help them comply with regulations and requirements and aims to apply common standards for all plant operators.CPCS is owned by the Construction Industry Training Board (otherwise known as CITB).
For more information visit their website at www.citb.co.uk.
A43 Screener Training Course Assessment
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.These tests can be viewed online by clicking here.
A43 Screener Training Course Refresher / Re-qualification Information
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years.During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.Total Construction Training may be able to offer you funding towards this NVQ.