Ride on Roller Training Course Aims:
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Ride on Roller, enabling the candidate to pass the Ride on Roller CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Ride on Roller Course Content
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for site travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for compacting duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Compact loose granular materials to specification.
- Compact in straight lines and around radii.
- Compact supported and unsupported edges.
- Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Blue Competence Card
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2
years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS
Competence Card. Total Construction Training may be able to offer you funding towards this NVQ.