|Total Construction Training offers a one day assessment at our Centre for experienced candidates in order to quickly gain your competent workers card. Or the NVQ can be delivered by the traditional OSA Route at your site.
|Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the industrial forklift will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces (with and without loads).
- Maneuver in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to full working height of the forklift.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
|All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.
There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
|The NVQ is accredited by CSkills Awards.