A40b Slinger Signaller – Static Duties Course Aims
The CPCS A40b Slinger Signaller – Static Duties course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating as a Slinger / Signaller in order to to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
A40b Slinger Signaller – Static Duties Course Content
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, a slinger/signaller will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a Slinger/Signaller.
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the technical data, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non- serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads.
- Prepare and ready the area of operation.
- Choose the relevant lifting accessory for a given load.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures.
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location.
- Accurately place loads.
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
A40b Slinger Signaller – Static Duties Course Requirement
All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.
There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
The CPCS Theory test is recorded digitally by the tester to ensure adherence with CPCS Standards. The CPCS Practical test may be recorded using a Video recorder if the CPCS request it.
A40b Slinger Signaller – Static Duties Examination Board
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) is recognised by the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) and Major Home Builders Group (MHBG) as the preferred card to comply with codes of practice for competence and certification. It was launched in 2003 to help them comply with regulations and requirements and aims to apply common standards for all plant operators.
CPCS is owned by the Construction Industry Training Board (otherwise known as CITB).
For more information visit their website at www.citb.co.uk.
A40b Slinger Signaller – Static Duties Assessment
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online by clicking here.
A40b Slinger Signaller – Refresher / Re-qualification Information
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years.
During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.