A59 Excavator 360 above 10t Training Course Aims
The CPCS A59 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a 360 degree Excavator in order to to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
A59 Excavator 360 above 10t Training Course Content
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a 360 excavator will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway – where applicable).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for excavating duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
A59 Excavator 360 above 10t Training Course Requirement
All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
The CPCS Theory test is recorded digitally by the tester to ensure adherence with CPCS Standards. The CPCS Practical test may be recorded using a Video recorder if the CPCS request it.
A59 Excavator 360 above 10t Training Examination Board
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) is recognised by the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) and Major Home Builders Group (MHBG) as the preferred card to comply with codes of practice for competence and certification. It was launched in 2003 to help them comply with regulations and requirements and aims to apply common standards for all plant operators.CPCS is owned by the Construction Industry Training Board (otherwise known as CITB).
For more information visit their website at www.citb.co.uk.
A59 Excavator 360 above 10t Training Course Assessment
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.These tests can be viewed online by clicking here.
A59 Excavator 360 above 10t Training CourseRefresher / Re-qualification Information
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years.During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.Total Construction Training may be able to offer you funding towards this NVQ.