|Course Aims: ||Total Construction Training offers the NVQ required by the CPCS to get your Blue Trained Operators Card quickly upgraded to Blue. The NVQ is delivered by the OSAT route at your place of work and can take 2-3 months to complete|
|Course Content||Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the compact crane will be able to:|
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and set for travel.
- Travel the crane to the work area.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Configure the crane for lifting duties.
- Program/set – up Rated Capacity Indicators or Load Moment Indicators for lifting duties.
- Identify weights and centers of gravity of loads.
- Deploy outriggers to specification (where applicable).
- Explain the function use and limitations of jib extensions.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing or steering capabilities of the crane.
- Accurately place loads.
- Minimize the swinging of loads.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
|Course Requirement||All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.|
There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
|Examination Board||The NVQ is accredited by CSkills Awards.|