|Course Aims: ||Total Construction Training offers a one day assessment at our Centre for experienced candidates in order to quickly gain your competent workers card. Or the NVQ can be delivered by the traditional OSAT Route at your site.|
|Course Content||Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the mobile crane will be able to:|
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway).
- Travel the crane to an area of work.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Deploy outriggers to specification (where applicable).
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Program/set – up Rated Capacity Indicators for lifting duties.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of the loader crane.
- Accurately place loads.
- Change the falls of rope on a hook block.
- Minimize the swinging of loads.
- Move loads through machine travel (where applicable).
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain rigging and de – rigging procedures when fitting fly jibs or boom extensions.
- Dismantle the crane in preparation of movement.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
|Course Requirement||All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.|
There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
|Examination Board||The NVQ is accredited by CSkills Awards.|