|Course Aims: ||Total Construction Training offers a one day assessment at our Centre for experienced candidates in order to quickly gain your competent workers card. Or the NVQ can be delivered by the traditional OSA Route at your site.|
|Course Content||Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the lorry loader will be able to:|
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks on the host vehicle and loader crane.
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel.
- Travel the vehicle to an area of work.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Position and configure the vehicle and loader crane for lifting duties
- Deploy the stabilizers to specification
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Program/set – up and/or comply with Rated Capacity Indicators or Load Moment Indicators for lifting duties.
- Identify weights and centers of gravity of loads.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of the loader crane.
- Place loads accurately at designated positions including on/into and from the vehicle.
- Explain the use of, types and fitting of boom extensions.
- Minimize the swinging loads.
- Secure loads on or in the vehicle.
- Explain different types of lifting accessories compatible with loader crane use.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
|Course Requirement||All visitors must report to reception on arrival and follow site safety rules at all times.|
There are no catering facilities on site, so delegates need to provide their own lunch. There are tea and coffee facilities available.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
|Examination Board||The NVQ is accredited by CSkills Awards.|