To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Forward Tipping Dumper, to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
A09 Forward Tipping Dumper Course Content
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls
- and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure Loading integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at cskills.org
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Blue Competence Card
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS
Competence Card. Total Construction Training may be able to offer you funding towards this NVQ.
A09 Forward Tipping Dumper Training Course Locations
We have CPCS test centres nationwide that can deliver the A09 Forward Tipping Dumper test – please call for dates.